Projects and events
The Multicultural Centre endeavours to develop and implement projects which address main contemporary issues relating to culture, language, racial discrimination and religion.
The USQ Multicultural Centre hosts a range of activities throughout the year to promote multiculturalism within the University and the local community.
Global Issues Seminar Series:
- Seminar, "Current Relations Between Australia and the Philippines" was delivered by Mr Alan Grummitt, Consul General ad honorem of the Philippine Consulate General, at the University of Southern Queensland, Toowoomba Campus on Thursday, 16 August 2012 from 12:15pm to 1:30pm at the University of Southern Queensland, Toowoomba Campus in room S515, USQ Council Chamber.
- Research seminar, "The Germans in Queensland - the past and future" was delivered by Mr Detlef Sulzer, Honorary Consul for the Republic of Germany, at the University of Southern Queensland, Toowoomba Campus on Tuesday, 26 June 2012 from 12:15pm to 1:30pm, venue was the Council Chamber, room S515.
- Seminar, "The Tradition of Non-Violence in Indian Civilisation" was delivered by Professor Sarva-Daman Singh, former Honorary Consul of India, at the University of Southern Queensland, Toowoomba Campus on Wednesday, 4 July 2012 from 12:15pm to 1:30pm, venue was the lecture theatre, room L209.
- Research seminars by visiting scholar Dr hab. Jan Lencznarowicz, Associate Professor of the Jagiellonian University, Kraków, Poland:
- “Political myths and social cohesion in an emigrant community: the case of the Polish Post War II emigration in the West” seminar took place at the University of Southern Queensland, Toowoomba Campus on Tuesday, 14 February 2012 from 12:30 to 1:45PM; Lecture Theatre Q501;
- “Immigration, politics , ideology and reality: A historical perspective on the Polish Diaspora” seminar took place at the University of Queensland, St Lucia Campus, on Wednesday, 15 February 2012 from 12:30 – 2:00pm, lecture theatre, room E302, Forgan Smith Building.
Additionally the Multicultural Centre represented the University at a number of significant annual multicultural events including the Multicultural Summit.
Other events and visits
A selection of photos highlighting these annual and special events.
Living in Harmony Project 2004
For more information please contact William Conwell
, Manager, Multicultural Centre.