Nominations are hereby called for the following categories of elected staff members to fill vacancies on Academic Board for a term of office commencing 27 July 2021 and continuing up until, but not including the Academic Board meeting in July 2024:
- 3.1.9. Four Professors, two male and two female, who do not qualify under categories 3.1.1 to 3.1.8, elected by and from the academic staff;
- 3.1.10. One female and one male academic staff member from pathway organisational units, who do not qualify under categories 3.1.1 to 3.1.8, elected by and from the academic staff of the pathway organisational units;
- 3.1.11. One female and one male academic staff member from non-faculty organisational units, who do not qualify under categories 3.1.1 to 3.1.8 and 3.1.10, elected by and from the academic staff of the non-faculty organisational units;
- 3.1.14. One academic staff member from the Research and Innovation Division, who does not qualify under categories 3.1.1 to 3.1.8, elected by and from the academic staff of the Research and Innovation Division;
- 3.1.15. One Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander academic staff member elected by the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander academic staff of the University;
For the purposes of these elections, the following definitions exist:
Academic Staff - (a) the University’s teaching and research staff, other than research assistants; and (b) staff of the University whose instrument of appointment by the Council states they are members of the academic staff*
*As identified on the Human Resources database as at 4.00pm on the day on which nominations for that election close.
Non-faculty organisational units - are organisational units that are not administered within the faculty structure
Terms of Reference and further information regarding Academic Board, its Standing Committees, and its members can be found on the Academic Board website.
Nominations are now open and will close at 9.00am on Monday 10 May 2021. If after the close of nominations the number of candidates exceeds the number of positions to be filled, an electronic election will be held.
Nominations are to be made on the relevant form/s below and should be forwarded to:
The Returning Officer
Governance Office, Level 5, S Block, Toowoomba Campus
Any questions or concerns should be forwarded to the Returning Officer Professor Mark Toleman, University Secretary, or Ms Tracey Tyers Secretary (Academic Board).