USQ proudly supports, values, and respects the wide variety of cultural identities, languages, and beliefs within the university. USQ provides our students and employees with a safe environment where they are free to respectfully and openly express ideas and opinions regardless of their culture identity or religious affiliation.
In line with our Multiculturalism Policy and Procedure, USQ promotes the concept of multiculturalism and its benefits through various initiatives, programs and events including:
- Harmony Day - a celebration of cross cultural unity
- Chat with the Locals - opportunities for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) students and staff to connect and practice English
- Multicultural Employee Network
- Multicultural Multilingual Student Association.
Each year sees a vibrant program which is about sharing, celebrating and encouraging students and staff from all nationalities, cultures, and faiths. USQ also supports the international community with
a suite of cultural resources, including the:
- Multicultural Action Plan
- Register of languages.