A diverse range of waste recycling streams have been introduced in an effort to reduce the amount of wasted resources that would otherwise be buried in landfill.
Across-campus recycling programs continue to be rolled out with public place recycling stations located around the Toowoomba, Ipswich and Springfield campuses. Current recycling programs are in place for:
- paper (general paper and confidential waste) and cardboard
- eWaste (computers, mobile phones and other electronic equipment)
- toner and ink jet cartridges
- fluorescent tubes and other lamps
- co-mingled waste (glass, aluminium cans and plastic)
Green waste from our gardens and grounds maintenance is converted to mulch and reused on the garden beds. This practice has been integral in improving the water required for upkeep of USQ plantings.
Obsolete or out-dated computers, televisions, printers, mobile phones and similar technologies are regularly collected for e-waste recycling. A permanent eWaste collection facility for larger items is located in the Campus Services waste compound at USQ Toowoomba. Additional eWaste disposal facilities are available outside the Environmental Office located in C201, USQ Toowoomba.