Established in 1969, Steele Rudd College is named after the distinguished Australian and Darling Downs author Arthur Hoey Davis whose pen-name was Steele Rudd.
Since renovations in 2020 all rooms at Steele Rudd College have access to a self-cater kitchen, with the accommodation options including:
- 62 bedrooms (with air conditioning) offering shared bathrooms (same sex and gender-neutral) between 4-5 residents
- 4 bedrooms offering private ensuite bathrooms and reverse cycle air conditioning
- 4 accessible rooms with reverse cycle air conditioning and accessible kitchen
- 51 bedrooms offering shared bathrooms (same sex) between 10-15 residents
- 1 single occupancy flat, offering private ensuite bathroom and separate study room.