Standard handball rules apply.
- Possession of The Ball – A player can run with the ball, but must stop every three steps and not move for three seconds before they are allowed to take three more steps.
- Dislodging The Ball From Another Player – Players are not permitted to hit, pull or punch the ball. Players cannot try to dislodge the ball from another player. They also cannot use the ball to try to endanger their opponent, or make contact with the ball below their opponent’s knees. These are considered major or minor fouls.
- Penalty For Committing A Foul – When a player commits a foul, the other team is allowed a free throw.
- Free Throw – When a foul occurs a “free-throw” is given either at the point of the violation or at the point nearest the 10 yard line if the foul happened between the goal-area line and the 10 yard line.
- Keeping The Ball From Being Passed – Players are allowed to use their body to block the ball from being passed, but they are not allowed to charge into another player.