Update 8 December 2021
In preparation for the introduction of updated Queensland Government restrictions on 17 December 2021, the University is reviewing our COVID Safe Plan and possible impacts on a range of University activities to ensure compliance with the Queensland Government’s Public Health and Social Measures linked to vaccination status. As a result of Queensland Health requirements, USQ has made the following changes:
- All food service venues will require staff and dine-in patrons to be fully vaccinated from the 17 December 2021, except for those with medical exemptions. In line with Government guidance, the onus will be on the person entering the venue to show proof of their vaccination status if asked by venue staff. Only fully vaccinated patrons will be able to dine-in (including Toowoomba refectory, tables situated in front of Bounce, USQ Fresh, Ipswich and Springfield cafés). Take-away service is available to all other patrons.
- All health clinic staff, including staff who enter, work in, or provide services in the health clinics will need to be fully vaccinated by the 15 December 2021, except for those with medical exemptions. All clients, regardless of vaccination status, are welcome to attend the health clinic for the purposes of accessing medical treatment.
- Staff organising or involved in events/activities covered under the Public Health and Social Measures will be required to be fully vaccinated from the 17 December 2021 (for example, concerts, theatre productions, graduations).
In addition to these requirements and as part of USQ’s ongoing consideration to provide a safe working and learning environment:
- Check-in via the Check In Qld app will be required for each building on campus from 17 December (not the per campus basis as it currently stands).
- You are encouraged to add your digital COVID-19 certificate or exemption to your Check In Qld App.
The University is considering a range of other activities to support the University community. Safety is a shared responsibility and we appreciate your ongoing efforts and support across all of our campuses to keep our communities safe.
Support for students
The Health and Wellness Team are also available to support you at this time with a range of resources.
More information for students can be found online.
Support for staff
Additional supporting resources, including information around leave options and managing work and child supervision, are available.
Staff can contact People Portfolio with any questions.
Staff and students are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the USQ COVID Safe Plan to ensure USQ remains a COVID-safe educational institution and workplace. Contractors and visitors can email USQ Safety for a copy of the plan
The Framework, adopted from the National Safe Workplace Principles, addresses:
- Physical distancing, hygiene and PPE
- Vulnerable staff / students
- Physical infrastructure principles
- Monitoring, tracing and enforcement
- Preventative health measures.
The University’s planning incorporates all reasonable precautions and government guidelines to guard against the risk of transmission of COVID-19.