All placements undertaken must be sourced directly by the HES Professional Experience office (except for ENG and ANP courses that are self-placed).
If you would like to request a placement be undertaken outside of Queensland, or there are any special circumstances or conflicts of interest, please email HES.email@example.com and add these requirements under the Special Considerations field in InPlace (under My Details).
How to request a placement
The placement process will vary according to where you are located and which course you are studying. You should check your USQStudyDesk, Discipline Community Site and UMail inbox frequently to make sure you receive any reminders or instructions.
- Check your placement dates and course requirements
- Familiarise yourself with the Clinical Calendar and important dates found on your Discipline Community Site via StudyDesk.
- If this is a Self-Placement Course, follow the relevant instructions in your Placement Handbook and submit your Self-Placement Documentation on InPlace (ENG and ANP courses only).
- For all other University sourced placements, lodge your Agency and block preferences via InPlace before the closing date as stated in the important dates.
- Ensure that you have uploaded all mandatory documents to InPlace.
- Check InPlace for your final confirmed placement details, contact details and orientation information. No placement can be commenced until it has been confirmed on InPlace.
- Contact the student contact as advised in the orientation information on InPlace, unless instructed otherwise. Please familiarise yourself with any orientation details, health and safety induction, faith statements, dress code requirements, etc. prior to the commencement of any placement.
During your placement
Please notify the Professional Experience Office and your Course Examiner immediately if:
- you intend on dropping a course that includes professional experience
- make-up days are required due to absence or any other circumstance that may affect your placement.
Clinical placement services
Bulk billed appointments are available Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm at USQ Toowoomba for students participating in their clinical placements who need:
- serology requests
- pathology services (on site)
- immunisations (available at time of consultation)
- Varicella, Hep B, MMR, Boostrix, Flu Vax
- 10% discount for more than two injections on one day.
Results and immunisations will be emailed to your UMail account on completion. You'll also receive a printout or email report of your pathology results and vaccinations. Find out more.