2021 Rhodes Scholarship
The Rhodes Scholarship is one of the oldest international scholarship programmes for postgraduate study, enabling outstanding people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford. Rhodes Scholars have a vision of how the world could be better and how they can make a difference.
The Rhodes Selection Committees are looking for people of outstanding intellect, character, leadership and commitment to service. Please consider also forwarding this information on to your postgraduate students who may be interested in applying.
There are nine scholarships available each year in Australia with one offered by each state. In addition, there are three Australia-at-Large Scholarships awarded by a selection committee.
A special regional universities information session will be held on 29 July from 3 – 4 pm. Please pre-register in advance on the following link:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
** Please note: There are two key changes to the eligibility criteria for this round. These include, not requiring Honours as a criterion for academic excellence, and introducing a second age threshold for potential applicants who complete their first degree later in their 20s.
Applications are now open and close on the 11 September, 2020 at 23:59 AEST.
Further information including a series of videos to guide potential applicants through the process can be found on the 2021 Information for Candidates and Rhodes Australia Team on the Rhodes House website.
· Nationality/Citizenship: You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
· Education/Residency: You must have completed at least two years of schooling at an Australian secondary school.
· Age: Upon 1 October, 2020 you must meet either of the below criteria:
- You must be at least 18 and have not reached your 25th birthday (i.e. you were born after 1 October 1994 and on or before 1 October 2002).
- You must not have reached your 27th birthday (i.e. have been born after 1 October 1993) AND you have met or will meet the requirement for completion of your first degree on or after 1 July 2019.
· Academic achievement: Your academic achievement must be outstanding as demonstrated by
i. completion by no later than 30 June 2021 of either:
- an Australian Bachelor’s degree, with or without Honours (AQF Levels 7 or 8)
- an Australian Masters Degree (AQF Level 9 or (3)
- an international equivalent of one of the above degrees.
ii. Indicatively, achievement of a GPA of at least 6.75, weighted average mark of 80%, or equivalent, in your degree(s);
iii. Meeting the entry requirements for your proposed course at Oxford (http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions), noting that any fails on your degree transcript will make admission into Oxford University unlikely.