Residential schools give external students the opportunity to attend face-to-face lectures and tutorials, use the facilities and meet our staff and other students.
If you are unsure if you should attend a residential school, check your program details for further information.
Residential school categories
- Students must attend to pass the course.
- For students genuinely unable to attend, applications for deferred assessment will be considered in accordance with the Assessment of Compassionate and Compelling Circumstances Procedure. If your application is approved, you will need to attend the next offering of the residential school.
- Linked to an assessment item. If you do not attend, you will miss an element for assessment preparation or an element of assessment.
- If you miss the residential school, you would have to obtain a minimum of 50% overall for the course in the remaining assessment items to pass the course.
- Applications for deferred assessment will be considered in accordance with the Assessment of Compassionate and Compelling Circumstances Procedure.
- Not linked to assessment.
- Attendance for some programs is required to achieve optional professional accreditation requirements.