The New Colombo Plan Scholarship program provides opportunities for Australian undergraduates, aged 18 to 28 to undertake semester-based study in participating Indo-Pacific locations. These scholarships are awarded once per year and students compete against multiple interested participants from other Australian universities.
The New Colombo Plan Scholarship consists of:
- a travel allowance of up to AUD2500
- an establishment allowance of up to AUD2500
- a monthly stipend (for study and internship/mentorship) of up to AUD2500 per month
- health and travel insurance for the duration of the program.
Other benefits may include:
- Payment of up to one academic year of tuition fees payable to the host institution (if required) to the value of AUD20 000
- An Asian language training allowance payable to the language institution (if applicable) to the value of AUD1500.
- be an Australian Citizen
- have achieved a minimum 6.0 GPA for your undergraduate course to date
- be between 18 and 28 years old (inclusive) as at 1 January
- be enrolled at USQ in a bachelor degree or bachelor honours degree
- have completed at least one year (eight courses) at commencement of the scholarship
- be eligible to study for one or two semesters at an Indo-Pacific university and receive credit towards your degree
- provide evidence of demonstrated leadership in the community.
All funding is subject to eligibility and availability.