Designed to introduce students to the basics of entrepreneurship, this series consists of two parts; Startup Essentials and Perfect your Pitch. These interactive programs allow students to work through the video presentations at their own place, in preparation for the webinars.
Startup Essentials aims to provide USQ students with an introduction to the basic principles, processes and activities involved in starting a business enterprise. Consisting of 60 minute video presentations (totalling approx. 4 hours) and 2 x 90 minute interactive webinars, you will learn about:
- the role entrepreneurship play in our economy
- identifying and assessing the feasibility of opportunities
- product/service development
- selecting a business model
- crafting a business plan
- launch, development and growth
- challenges and obstacles.
The webinars build upon the video presentations with the use of interactive exercises, allowing students to apply the basic content leanings to practical problem solving experiences. The program is offered to all USQ students and no prior awareness or understanding of business concepts, jargon and terminology is required.
Perfect your Pitch
Building on the skills you've learned in Startup Essential, Perfect your Pitch consists of 2 x 60 minute interactive webinars. During this program you will learn:
- the practical skills required to create a pitch
- how to prepare a pitch
- how to refine your pitch to professional standards
- how to deliver your pitch to relevant stakeholder.
Students who complete Perfect your Pitch will also be given the opportunity to compete in the 'Business Startup Pitch Competition' later this year.
For further information about this and other programs, students should visit the USQ Entrepreneurship & innovation website.