An activity is generally considered eligible for the Phoenix Award if the following criteria are met:
- The activity fits one of the activity categories
- The activity is completed while you are actively enrolled at USQ.
- The activity is not a direct requisite of your coursework.
- You can demonstrate and justify (250-500 word written reflection) how the activity has developed or allowed you to demonstrate your graduate skills.
- You can provide sufficient evidence to confirm your participation and level of involvement in the activity.
You are encouraged to shape your Phoenix Award by considering what activities, skills and attributes will be most impactful towards your chosen career path, and choosing activities which match these.
As each participant’s interests and projected journey are different there is no set activity list. However, you are able to see a list of activities which have commonly been completed through the USQ Phoenix Award Online Portal’s Activity Declaration Form, by selecting Category then Activity (dropdown). If the activity does not appear, select ‘Other’ from the Activity list to enter a custom activity name.
- Professional development - attendance and involvement in activities which develop or enhance your professional skills and career outcomes
- Contribution to the community - service based activities which provide benefit to the University or wider communities
- Extra-curricular achievement - awards and qualifications in addition to your current USQ program