Mental health first aid strategies are taught in evidence-based training courses authored by Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Australia and delivered by accredited MHFA instructors across the country. USQ offers MHFA Courses as authored by MHFA Australia, delivered by instructors who are currently accredited by MHFA Australia.
USQ offers the 12-hour Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) course which teaches adults (18 years and over) how to provide initial support to adults who are developing a mental illness or experiencing a mental health crisis.
What will I learn?
By participating, you will learn how to:
- recognise the signs and symptoms of mental health problems
- help people in the early stages of these problems
- know where and how to refer people to get help
- understand what types of help are effective
- know how to assist in a mental health crisis until professional help arrives.
Who can attend?
All students over the age of 18 are encouraged to attend.
How much does it cost?
This program is free for USQ students.
How long is the course?
The course will be held over 2 days.
Booking close 28 July 2018, 09:00 AM.