PUBLIC HEALTH ALERT - COVID-19
USQ is closely monitoring developments relating to COVID-19. The safety and wellbeing of our University community is paramount.
Please contact our Health Service on 07 46312372 for further advice regarding COVID-19.
USQ Health Service wishes to advise that we maintain the upmost confidentiality of your medical records. Your medical record can only be accessed and viewed by a very limited few staff members. They cannot be viewed by or shared with any other staff member or stakeholder of USQ without the full informed consent of the patient first.
The will be rare exceptions such as the patient being in immediate danger and even then, only the relevant information will be shared. If your records are subpoenaed by a court or requested by a solicitor for a claim or another type of court proceeding, then The Privacy Officer will manage the application to access this information under the Right to Information (‘RTI’), Administrative Access, and Information Privacy (‘IP’).
- Drugs of dependence including Opioid painkillers and Benzodiazepines will not be prescribed at your first appointment. Please see attachments for policy information regarding drugs of dependence at our practice - Continuation of opioid Management plans for new patients, One year review of opioid prescribing and Opioid prescribing protocol for patients.
- If you are unsure of the type of appointment or support you need, please call our team on (07) 4631 2372 so that we can discuss the best options for you.
- Mental health care plans and chronic disease care plans cannot be performed at your first appointment with our service.
- Commercial Driver’s license medicals can be performed but is not Medicare rebatable so a fee will apply. Please call our team to discuss further.
- Medicare requirements for phone consultations have changed since July 1, 2021. Some services are no longer available by phone appointment. Please call our team to discuss your options.
Students - Medicare card holders will be bulk billed. International students with OSHC will be direct billed to their health fund. Depending on your provider, you may have to pay upfront and claim the fee back from your health fund.
Staff - Consultations with the Nurse Practitioner and Dr Jodi Dennis are bulk billed or OSHC direct billed. Dr Lawrence Wong may incur a fee for consultation.
Community member and dependants - Consultations with the Nurse Practitioner and Dr Jodi Dennis are bulk billed or OSHC direct billed. Dr Lawrence Wong may incur a fee for consultation.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have Overseas Health Cover, you will need to bring your card with you to your appointment. Failure to bring your card may result in payment of the full fee at the time of consultation, with you having to claim back separately with your fund.
If you fail to attend a booked appointment, you will likely be charged a non-attendance fee of $20 before you can make any further appointments.
This form is to be completed on your first visit and before attending a medical appointment at our service:
Emergencies and After Hours Care
If you require emergency treatment call 000.
Should you require after hours care:
- House Call Doctor 13 55 66
- Toowoomba Hospital Emergency Department, 154 Pechey Street Toowoomba, Phone: 07 4616 6000
- St Vincent's Hospital Private Emergency Department, 22-36 Scott Street Toowoomba, Phone: 07 4690 4444
- Ipswich Hospital, Chelmsford Avenue Ipswich 4305, Phone: 07 3810 1111
- St Andrew's Ipswich Private Hospital, Cnr Roderick and Pring Streets Ipswich QLD 4305, Phone: 07 3816 9999