Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is health insurance for international students that provides cover for the costs associated with:
- in hospital medical treatment
- out of hospital medical treatment
- emergency ambulance assistance and transport.
The Department of Home Affairs require all holders of a student visa to have OSHC for the entire length of your student visa. If you are an international student, and do not maintain your OSHC, you are at risk of having your student visa cancelled.
Do I need OSHC?
You need OSHC if you are an international student who:
- holds a student visa
- is applying for a student visa with intentions of study in Australia for a period of 3 months or more.
You do not need OSHC if you are a:
- Norwegian student covered by the Norwegian National Insurance Scheme
- Swedish student covered by the Kammarkollegiet Student insurance for education abroad
- Belgian student covered under the Reciprocal Health Care Agreement with Australia.
How to get OSHC?
Once you have returned your acceptance of offer form, your OSHC membership will be initiated by USQ and Bupa.
Order and activate your card
Ordering your card
To order your membership card, you will need to:
- arrive in Australia
- enrol in courses appropriate to your study program at USQ
- receive information about obtaining your OSHC card during Orientation, or
- access the myBupa website and order your membership card.
Collecting your card
After you have accepted your letter of offer, USQ will determine which campus you will be studying at. This then determines whether the card is sent to the Toowoomba retail store or the Ipswich retail store. There is no possibility that your card will be sent to your home country as this information is not provided to Bupa.
All membership cards are to be collected from the Bupa retail store at either:
- Toowoomba - Shop 64A Grand Central Shopping Centre, Margaret Street, Toowoomba QLD 4350
- Springfield - Shop 83, Orion Springfield Central 1 Main St , Springfield Central, QLD, 4300
Make a claim or renew your cover
You have two options when wishing to make a claim or renew your cover: