Applications currently closed
To recognise demonstrated research excellence and service to the University, postgraduate research supervision and to encourage early career researchers, the following excellence awards may be made annually to any employee:
- Excellence Award for Research
- Excellence Award for Early Career Research
- Ronel Erwee Memorial Award for Excellence in Postgraduate Research Supervision
- Excellence Award for Service to Research
Nominations must be made on the relevant application form and must be submitted electronically via email to the Research and Innovation Division by the closing date. All sections of the application, including the selection criteria must be completed.
- All Employees are eligible to apply for the Excellence in Research, Early Career Research and Postgraduate Research Supervision.
- All Professional Employees up to and including Level 10 are eligible to apply for the Excellence Award for Service Research.
- An Employee who receives these awards is excluded from applying in the same category for a period of five years.
Financial grant terms and conditions
Employees must expend the full financial grant within 12 months of receipt.
Acceptable categories of expenditure for professional development specifically for the Research Excellence Awards include any research related expenditure.
These excellence awards are aligned to the strategic pillar of Research.
Further information is available in the Research Award Guidelines or by contacting the Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation).