USQ ICT Governance Structure
The ICT Governance Structure consists of the ICT Strategy Board supported by three committees, including ICT Services and Standards Committee, ICT Portfolio Committee and the Cyber Security Committee. Each Committee is chaired by a representative of ICT Strategy Board and the resultant minutes of meetings circulated across all groups to facilitate improved understanding of the issues impacting the USQ ICT Portfolio. The principle responsibilities of each of these committees are summarized below as follows:
ICT Strategy Board
- Peak body responsible for defining University ICT Strategy, ensuring alignment with the University strategy, and all ICT activities within USQ;
- Oversee all ICT related strategic risks and the University's ICT related risk exposure;
- Overall responsibility for ICT Governance including the ICT Portfolio, Projects, ICT Investments, Policy, Standards, Enterprise Architecture, Service Catalogue and Service Levels.
ICT Services and Standards Committee
Reporting to the ICT Strategy Board, the ICT Services and Standards Committee is responsible for the oversight of the ongoing strategic alignment, impact and outcomes of the provision of ICT services and Information standards across the University.
- Responsible for defining and oversight of University ICT Information Policy and Standards, alignment of the Enterprise Architecture to the University Information Strategy, and supporting ICT road maps;
- Information Monitoring and Compliance, Risk Management;
- Responsible for defining and oversight of University ICT supported services, ICT Service Catalogue, service level agreements, and the standard operating environments (SOE);
- Oversee stakeholder satisfaction and identify ICT service-related priorities for recommendation to ICT Strategy Board.
ICT Portfolio Committee
Reporting to the ICT Strategy Board, the ICT Portfolio Committee has oversight of the ongoing strategic alignment, impact and outcomes of the ICT Portfolio and Investments.
- Responsible for defining and oversight of University ICT investment portfolio and innovation pipeline; ICT project management and program management framework; accreditation and re accreditation of supported ICT systems and services;
- Develop, monitor and review the framework for categorizing supported ICT systems and services and the level of operational support and maintenance associated with each category;
- Oversee the ICT Project Management Methodology and life-cycle from ICT Portfolio Project Concept and allocation of ICT Investment Portfolio Funding through to Accreditation and Review of the benefits realization achieved from the successful implementation of the completed product, system or service.
Cyber Security Committee
Reporting to the ICT Strategy Board, the Cyber Security Committee has oversight of the ongoing strategic alignment, impact and outcomes of the provision of cyber security across the University.
- Responsible for advice and oversight of USQ's cyber security strategy and plans;
- Develop, monitor and review principles, policies, procedures, guidelines, standards and strategies with respect to cyber security;
- Oversee cyber security at the University, including making recommendations for investment and projects to facilitate cyber security strategies and frameworks;
- Monitor risks associated with cyber security and report on these to the ICT Strategy Board.