Student Development and Support
The Learning Centre
The Learning Centres (TLC)s provide free academic learning support for students in academic learning and language and Mathematics to enhance student academic success. Whether students are studying on-campus or online, The Learning Centres support students with a range of online and face-to-face learning workshops, resources and consultations. The academic student support services are:
- Academic Success Planner– 24/7, personalised, learning support for Assignment Writing, Presentation, Managing Information, Presentations, Exam Preparation, Mathematics and English language proficiency
- Diagnostic self-test for writing skills (using TLC-Smarthinking)
- Online Mathematics resources.
- Meet-Up in courses: A number of courses or programs at USQ offer students the opportunity to learn from their peers. Research indicates that peer-assisted learning is a useful strategy for many students.
- Meet-Up Student Community (MUSC) provides an opportunity for all USQ students to engage with a student peer leader and ask questions about studying or learning.
- Murri Meet-Up is run for Indigenous students by Indigenous students. It offers Indigenous students at USQ a place to talk with student leaders who are also Indigenous and who are achieving well in their studies.
- Meet-Up for Success provides peer support for students who speak languages other than English as their first language.
- Residential College Meet-Up operates in each of USQ’s three residential colleges: McGregor, Steele Rudd, and Concannon.
- Individual student consultations available face-to-face, phone and email
- TLC - Smarthinking - 24/7, online, on-demand, learning advice on:
- Basic Mathematics, Algebra and Statistics
- Writing – essays and paragraphs
- Grammar and documentation (how to reference) review
- Group workshops available in online and face-to-face mode.