Statistical Comparisons Using R
This practical workshop will help participants to choose and use the appropriate standard statistical test for their data by introducing key concepts of inferential statistics in R.
|Date:||13 November 2020|
|Time:||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Contact:||For more information, please email email@example.com|
|Booking:||Please register via Eventbrite.|
|Save to calendar:||Download|
Recommended ParticipantsResearchers wanting to understand how to choose the right statistical test for the context/condition and how to conduct the analysis by themselves using R. The workshop is relevant for all disciplines, although examples and exercises will be based around biological and clinical datasets. Prior knowledge of R is required (Introduction to R workshop is highly recommended) as the basics of R will not be covered.
- Choose the right statistical test appropriate for the data and the research questions
- Carry out inferential statistics in R
- Generate plots, figures and tables of hypothesis tests using specific R packages
- Interpret and report the results of a range of commonly-used statistical tests
- An introduction to hypothesis testing terminology
- Correlation analysis between two continuous variables
- Statistical tests for both categorial and continuous variables
- ANOVA – testing with more than two groups