Research Giant Presentation - Progress in and Prospects for Decadal Forecasting
Presented by Research Giant Professor Christopher Folland
|Date:||03 March 2020|
|Time:||10:00 AM - 11:00 AM|
|Venue:||Toowoomba - Y103,|
|Contact:||For more information, please contact Christa Pudmenzky.|
|Save to calendar:||Download|
Professor Folland's presentation will include the following topics:
- What is decadal forecasting?
- Examples of key phenomena and mechanisms
- Early work on decadal forecasting
- Recent progress
- The Signal to Noise problem/paradox affecting all dynamical climate forecasts (seasonal to century).
- New research and prospects
- International Activities