In 2019, USQ will offer one Bellmaine French Appreciation Travelling Scholarship.
This scholarship was created through a bequest to USQ by the late Mr Keith Bellmaine, a long-time financial patron and friend to the University of Southern Queensland. Keith and his late wife, Beryl, had been involved with USQ for many years and left many wonderful legacies, such as The Bellmaine Wing in the Phoenix Building. Mr Bellmaine had a strong interest in the French culture and he desired to give young students the ability to nurture friendship and communication between Australia and France. The scholarship encourages the winner to further education, while also participating actively in the French community through employment and community activities.
The scholarship will have a maximum value of $20 000.
- be an Australian citizen or have permanent resident status
- be able to travel and take up the scholarship within 2 years of scholarship acceptance
- be continuing their studies in a bachelor degree in Semester 1 2019
- have completed a minimum of 8 USQ study units
- be enrolled at USQ in a minimum of 3 study units in each of Semester 1 and Semester 2 of each year of study
- be studying on-campus or online
- have completed a bachelor degree of full-time study at USQ within the last 12 months.
- submit a personal statement (one page maximum) outlining:
- your career aims and goals
- how the scholarship will assist you with personal development, academic advancement and how it will support you to achieve your future career plans
- provide two referee reports; one non-academic character statement and one academic referee that knows your university work well
- provide information about the French university or academy you intend to enrol at (recipients may study at more than one institution) including:
- the details of the course
- the length of the course (including dates)
- the reason for selecting the course/s
Applications close at 5pm Friday 26 October 2018.
University of Southern Queensland
Phone: 1800 269 500
USQ reserves the right to alter the conditions of the scholarship/bursary based upon exceptional circumstances. USQ reserves the right to not award the scholarship/bursary in a given year.