- be an Australian citizen or have permanent resident status
- be a commencing student (i.e. be new to USQ and/or be commencing an eligible program) in Semester 2 2021
- be commencing an eligible program of study of two-year duration, for example:
- Associate degree, or
- Master's degree (coursework only)
- have a sound level of academic achievement
- be enrolled in a minimum of 4 study units in Semester 2 2021 and for each of Semester 1 and Semester 2 of each year for the duration of the scholarship
- be enrolled and attend on-campus at USQ Toowoomba #
The government funding received for the scholarship stipulates that for the duration of the scholarship students must maintain ongoing residency in a regional area of Australia as classified by the Australian Statistical Geographic Standard Remoteness Areas (2016) – refer Health Workforce Locator map.
# Under the guidelines, where a course includes study outside a regional area (for example, for a clinical placement), residency away from the regional area is permitted for up to:
- 25% of the qualification length where the qualification is two years or shorter.
*Preference will be given to students who are not already in receipt of sponsorship or other financial support.