- be an Australian citizen or have permanent resident status
- be a commencing student (i.e. be new to USQ and/or be commencing an eligible program) in Semester 1 2021
- be commencing an eligible program of study for the appropriate duration, for example:
- Associate degree (2 years),
- Bachelor's degree (3 or 4 years),
- Honours or Double degrees (4 years), or
- Master's degree (2 years, coursework only)
- have a sound level of academic achievement
- be enrolled in a minimum of 4 study units in Semester 1 2021 and for each of Semester 1 and Semester 2 of each year for the duration of the scholarship
- be enrolled on-campus at USQ Toowoomba * #
1) * Due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, students are able to apply for this scholarship and study one(1) semester online while the Government travel restrictions are in place. Students will be required to attend the Toowoomba Campus following the lifting of the Government Travel Restrictions.
2) # Under the guidelines, residency away from the regional area is permitted for:
- no more than one study period (not exceeding 6 months) per qualification where the qualification is longer than 2 years, or
- 25% of the qualification length where the qualification is 2 years or shorter.
Preference will be given to students who are not already in receipt of sponsorship or other financial support.
The government funding received for the scholarship stipulates that for the duration of the scholarship students must maintain ongoing residency in a regional area of Australia as classified by the Australian Statistical Geographic Standard Remoteness Areas (2016) – refer Health Workforce Locator map.