In Semester 1 2019, USQ will offer a number of USQ Endowment Fund and USQ Equity Scholarships.
This is a merit-based, non-repayable scheme that targets students experiencing financial hardship and/or identifies as coming from a low socio-economic background. Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis.
Please note: Should your application for a USQ Endowment Fund and USQ Equity Scholarship be successful, the funds will not be paid until approximately eight weeks after the first census date in the semester the scholarship is awarded.
If you are relying on a scholarship to purchase textbooks and resources, you may consider applying for an interest free Student Financial Loan. The USQ Equity Scholarship (USQ Book Bursary) funds can be used to repay Student Financial Loans. Please refer to the Student Financial Loan webpage for more information and application forms.
If the number of eligible applicants exceeds the number of scholarships available, not all applications will be successful.
There are two award options available:
- Book Bursary in the form of an account with the USQ Bookshop - up to $1000 (full-time study) OR
- Book Bursary in the form of an account with the USQ Bookshop - up to $500 (part-time study)
- Direct Deposit Bursary - up to $1000 (full-time study) OR
- Direct Deposit Bursary - up to $500 (part-time study)
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or New Zealand Citizen residing permanently in Australia
- be either a commencing or continuing student
- continuing students - must have achieved satisfactory academic standing (GPA of at least 3.0) (Extenuating circumstances may be considered)
- be enrolled in a minimum of 3 undergraduate-level study units in the semester of application for the full-time award or
- be enrolled in 1 or 2 undergraduate-level study units in the semester of application for the part-time award
- be taking at least one USQ study unit (for students undertaking cross-institutional studies)
- be studying on-campus, external or online
The government funding received for the scholarship stipulates that International students are not eligible to apply.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- provide evidence of financial hardship as directed in the application process
Applicants may also meet one or more of the following criteria:
Please note: Students can be awarded multiple USQ Endowment Fund and USQ Equity Scholarships over multiple semesters throughout their study at USQ. The outcome of past applications does not guarantee a favourable outcome in future applications.
Closing Date: 11.59pm (AEST) Sunday 17th March 2019
University of Southern Queensland
Phone: 1800 269 500
USQ reserves the right to alter the conditions of the scholarship/bursary based upon exceptional circumstances. USQ reserves the right to not award the scholarship/bursary in a given year.