Women have historically been, and continue to be, significantly under-represented in STEMM fields, which may reflect past disadvantage. The University recognises the important role that equal opportunity measures contemplated by anti-discrimination law can make in opening up opportunities for women, including in STEMM fields.
Accordingly, this role will only be open to female applicants from the below fields:
- School of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- School of Civil Engineering and Surveying
- School of Sciences
- Centre for Future Materials
- Centre for Applied Climate Sciences
- Centre for Agricultural Engineering
- Information Technology
As part of USQ's Reconciliation Action Plan a scheme exists to promote entry into the PhD by Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Staff from the Graduate Research School (GRS) are available via email, phone or in person to assist with the application process.