- provide evidence of financial hardship as directed in the application process
- provide details of the financial impact that will be incurred to attend the placement, internship or other Work Integrated Learning course
Any of the following will be considered when determining an applicants financial hardship:
- be in receipt of a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment (Centrelink, DVA), for example: Youth Allowance, Austudy, Disability Support Pension, Parenting Payment; or
- be required to take leave without pay from paid work to undertake WIL activity; or
- be ineligible for other funding support for travel such as ABSTUDY or employer support; or
- have other factors that have/are causing financial hardship e.g. disability, family or carer responsibilities; or
- additional impact caused by duration and location of the WIL activity and its distance from primary residence.
Please note: Applicants must not be in receipt of remuneration or receive a scholarship from the placement agency/site.
Important: Applicants should be aware that if the number of applications exceeds the funds available, not all eligible applicants will receive a bursary. Preference will be given to applications attending longer placements.