- If you are from a non-English speaking background, the Academic Communication Skills program may assist you with entry into USQ degrees which require an English language requirement of IELTS 6.5 or Pearson PTE A 59 and above, including the Bachelor of Nursing, our Education degrees, postgraduate degrees in Psychology, as well as research degrees.
- You will learn to communicate clearly and confidently in English, to meet the more complex communication demands of university studies, in both face-to-face and digital environments.
- Depending on your study and career goals, the program has three levels, each with a duration of 10 weeks, where you will study academic speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
- In addition to the 20 classroom hours, you will also participate in weekly academic workshops to assist you in improving in specific skill areas.
- For professionals in the community who are required by the board of registration to demonstrate their English language skills through an international English language test, the courses in this program would be appropriate preparation for this test.
After successfully completing the second level of the Academic Communication Skills program (ACS), you can go on to study your preferred degree at USQ (if you meet all other entry requirements).
The Pearson academic English test is the final assessment in ACS2. You must receive an overall 65 to pass this course. If you are planning on applying for a Bachelor of Nursing you will require a 65 in all skills (reading, writing, listening and speaking).