- The Accelerated Entry Pathway Program (AEPP) is an intensive (accelerated) program offered on-campus over Semester 3, and focuses on developing academic skills before a degree is undertaken, provides a pathway to a wide-range of undergraduate degrees, and supports the transition from school to university.
- AEPP is perfect for you if you are in Year 12, or taken a gap year, and:
- want to gain entry to a degree program at USQ
- want an introduction to how to study at university level
- want to find out more about university to see if it is for you
- you fall short of your dream ATAR or didn’t do the subjects needed for your degree of choice and want to go to university
- are unsure if your ATAR will get you into the USQ degree you want to study.
- AEPP is a free program for Year 12 students who are Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens residing in Australia, or a Permanent Humanitarian Visa holder and is offered at the University’s Toowoomba and Springfield campuses.
- AEPP is offered over two 10-day sessions in December and January, and free accommodation is available for students from outer regional and remote areas. You will complete two courses (subjects) especially designed to help you transition into university studies. This includes critical thinking and writing, numeracy and study skills.
- Successful completion of AEPP will provide you with the English subject pre-requisite required for USQ degrees and ensure you are eligible to apply for a wide range of USQ undergraduate degrees.
- This program is funded through the Australian government’s Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program to promote equality of opportunity in higher education to people from a low socio-economic background, regional and remote areas and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
This accelerated pathway program aims to prepare you for entry to a uni degree. But what if you’re not quite ready for a bachelor degree, or want a qualification sooner? Our Certificate of University Studies (4 courses) or Diploma of University Studies (8 courses) are the perfect next steps on your university journey.