- USQ's Bachelor of Aviation allows you to choose to either take on a program that trains you for a career as a pilot, in the Flight Operations major or to take on a ground based role via the Aviation Management major.
- Undertaking aviation specific courses right from the beginning, you will have the opportunity to study areas such as airline and airport operations and, safety management.
- Our professional development program forms part of each of your university courses and you will receive credit for professional development.
- You will learn from current and former airline, military and instructor pilots and aviation managers who are not simply highly-acclaimed academics but professionals in their field.
- See and experience the aviation industry first-hand by flying in our world-class flight simulators in your first year of study! The first of their kind in Queensland, USQ’s simulators are designs based on Boeing 737 and Airbus A320 aircrafts. These simulators are able to replicate an entire flight, both normal and abnormal scenarios, while completing checks and procedures just like airline pilots do.
- Have the opportunity to be considered for the Qantas Group Future Pilot Program, with access to experienced pilots during your degree. Selected students will be invited to complete an intensive twelve week Airline Transition Course. Upon successful course completion, graduates will transition to employment with QantasLink and complete their training under the supervision of QantasLink’s experienced training team and become qualified as First Officers flying the airline’s Dash 8 200/300 or Q400 fleet. To be eligible to be considered for the program, students need to hold a GPA of 4.0 or above for the duration of their studies, and Australian work rights.