- Are you looking for a degree that gives you flexibility, industry engagement, professional development and expert content knowledge?
- USQ’s Bachelor of Education (Secondary) is designed to prepare graduates who are confident to teach a diverse range of students from Years 7 to 12, in a variety of contexts.
- Your degree will prepare you to teach into a minimum of two subject areas, with over 20 different teaching areas from which to choose. Having two teaching areas makes you a flexible and desirable educator in the secondary school environment.
- Our major and minor subject areas have been explicitly aligned with Queensland’s new senior subject offerings to ensure you gain a competitive edge as you prepare to begin your teaching career.
- A key feature of the degree is the opportunity to complete your professional experience at a variety of locations including rural, remote and international placements. Your placements may include a mixture of mainstream classroom settings as well as opportunities to engage in alternative educational settings.
- You also have the option to fast-track your degree and become a teacher within 3.5 years.