Bachelor of Human Services
Execute your passion for people
The Bachelor of Human Services will give you the knowledge to execute your passion for people. You will gain a:
- deep insight into the key issues facing the community sector
- global perspective on social justice and human rights as well
- solid understanding of the environmental, economic and social context in counselling and welfare.
Your study options
- Child and Family Studies
- Community Development and Indigenous Studies
- Health and Social Wellbeing
- Human Resource Management
USQ is currently seeking accreditation with the Australian Community Workers Association (ACWA).
If you successfully complete a minimum of 400 hours of professional placement (fieldwork) courses you will be eligible to apply for ACWA accreditation. Professional placement courses are available in the Child and Family Studies, Community Development and Indigenous Studies, and Health and Social Wellbeing majors. All majors except for Human Resource Management include a mandatory 3-day residential school as part of the ACWA accreditation requirement.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Human Services who have completed all eight units within Counselling major who have successfully completed one counselling field placement will be eligible for Level 1 membership with the Australian Counselling Association. It's necessary to have attended certain residential schools if you are aiming to become a professional counsellor and/or join professional counselling associations.