- Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) looking to become a midwife? Our hands-on Bachelor of Midwifery (Graduate Entry) just might be the answer. You will receive broad experience in all care contexts in accordance with ANMAC Standards, including Indigenous health and human rights.
- Gain over 1200 hours of clinical experience during Semesters 1 and 2 within a range of settings such as hospitals, family planning clinics, community health, and home visiting.
- Under the supervision of a registered midwife you will experience the continuity of care of a minimum of 10 women throughout their pregnancy. You will experience placements in birth suites, antenatal clinics, postnatal and neonatal units.
- Students have the opportunity to do a rural placement, and be supported by a midwife facilitator, Southern Queensland Rural Health (SQRH). Find out what’s involved in the placement process and what opportunities and support USQ and SQRH offer for rural and away placements.
- Planning on studying while you work? USQ offers flexible options for you. However, we encourage you to talk to us before applying so we can step you through the study commitments in this degree.