Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Computing)
Become an expert in computer science
Are you a high-achiever looking to stand out in the job market? Build upon the expertise you gained through your bachelor degree in computing with USQ’s Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Computing). Increase your depth of knowledge and take advantage of the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to your field through supervised research projects.
The Honours program will give you an appreciation of the professional standards required of the practising scientist, and the ethical challenges presented by modern science and technology. You will also participate in research teams, be introduced to advanced experimental and literature research methods, and have opportunities to make contact with the wider scientific community in the local region, elsewhere in Australia and overseas.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for your first year of study (8 units) in this program are:
|Commonwealth supported||AUD 9352|
|Domestic full fee paying||AUD 22930|
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. HECS-HELP and FEE-HELP allows you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- Subject pre-requisite: English (4, SA) or equivalent
- 3-year degree or equivalent in the area of Honours study from a recognised institution, with a minimum GPA of 5.0 (credit)
- Candidates must have both supervisory and honours committee approval prior to enrolment.
Satisfaction of admission requirements does not guarantee admission.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
How to apply
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 2, 2018 - applications close Monday 2 July, with semester 2 commencing on Monday 16 July 2018.
- Semester 1, 2019 - applications close Monday 18 February, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 25 February 2019.