Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Computing)
- CRICOS: 043510M
- Semester 1 (February)
- Semester 2 (July)
- 8 units
- 1 year/s or part-time equivalent
Become an expert in computer science
Are you a high-achiever looking to stand out in the job market? Build upon the expertise you gained through your bachelor degree in computing with USQ’s Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Computing). Increase your depth of knowledge and take advantage of the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to your field through supervised research projects.
The Honours program will give you an appreciation of the professional standards required of the practising scientist, and the ethical challenges presented by modern science and technology. You will also participate in research teams, be introduced to advanced experimental and literature research methods, and have opportunities to make contact with the wider scientific community in the local region, elsewhere in Australia and overseas.
Successful completions of honours will qualify you for entry into postgraduate programs, including masters and PhD studies.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for international students' first year of study (8 units) in this program:
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- Subject pre-requisite: English (4 SA) or equivalent. Find your country's level of qualification and minimum entry requirements for this program.
- 3-year degree or equivalent in the area of Honours study from a recognised institution, with a minimum GPA of 5.0 (credit)
- Candidates must have both supervisory and honours committee approval prior to enrolment.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
Pathway programs are also available if you don't meet the English entry requirements mentioned above.
How to apply
USQ accepts applications all year. Semester start dates are:
- Semester 1, 2020 - Monday 24 February 2020.
- Semester 2, 2020 - Monday 13 July 2020.