Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Environment and Sustainability)
- CRICOS: 043510M
- Semester 1 (February)
- Semester 2 (July)
- 8 units
- 1 years or part-time equivalent
Extend your undergraduate specialisation
The Bachelor of Science (Honours) gives you the opportunity to extend your knowledge and skills in the specific discipline area that interests you. Building on your Bachelor of Science (Environment & Sustainability) degree, you will have the opportunity to increase your knowledge through research. You will conduct, and report on, a research project under the supervision of a staff member with the appropriate expertise.
The Honours program will give you an appreciation of the professional standards required of the practicing scientist, and the ethical challenges presented by modern science and technology. You will also participate in research teams, be introduced to advanced experimental and literature research methods, and have opportunities to make contact with the wider scientific community in the local region, elsewhere in Australia and overseas.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for international students' first year of study (8 units) in this program:
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- Subject pre-requisite: English (4 SA) or equivalent. Find your country's level of qualification and minimum entry requirements for this program.
- 3-year degree or equivalent in the area of Honours study from a recognised institution, with a minimum GPA of 5.0 (credit)
- Candidates must have both supervisory and honours committee approval prior to enrolment.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
Pathway programs are also available if you don't meet the English entry requirements mentioned above.
How to apply
USQ accepts applications all year. Semester start dates are:
- Semester 2, 2019 - Monday 15 July 2019.
- Semester 1, 2020 - Monday 24 February 2020.