Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Physics)
- Semester 1 (February)
- Semester 2 (July)
- 8 units
- 1 years or part-time equivalent
Extend your undergraduate specialisation
The Bachelor of Science (Honours) gives you the opportunity to extend your knowledge and skills in the specific discipline area that interests you. Building on your Bachelor of Science (Physical Sciences) degree, you will have the opportunity to increase your knowledge through research. You will conduct, and report on, a research project under the supervision of a staff member with the appropriate expertise.
The Honours program will give you an appreciation of the professional standards required of the practising scientist, and the ethical challenges presented by modern science and technology. You will also participate in research teams, be introduced to advanced experimental and literature research methods, and have opportunities to make contact with the wider scientific community in the local region, elsewhere in Australia and overseas.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for your first year of study (8 units) in this program are:
|Commonwealth supported||AUD 9048|
|Domestic full fee paying||AUD 21840|
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. HECS-HELP and FEE-HELP allows you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- Subject pre-requisite: English (4, SA) or equivalent
- 3-year degree or equivalent in the area of Honours study from a recognised institution, with a minimum GPA of 5.0 (credit)
- Candidates must have both supervisory and honours committee approval prior to enrolment.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
A number of other pathways are also available if you haven’t been able to study previously or don’t meet the requirements for entry into your program of interest.
How to apply
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 1, 2018 - applications close Monday 19 February, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 26 February 2018.
- Semester 2, 2018 - applications close Monday 2 July, with semester 2 commencing on Monday 16 July 2018.