- Interested in understanding and predicting how people will act under particular circumstances? Do you want to explore the underlying processes which explain how people think and feel? Study the Bachelor of Science (Psychology Extended).
- The Bachelor of Science (Psychology Extended) will prepare you to describe and examine types of psychological phenomena using the scientific method, and then apply these findings to produce solutions to psychological problems such as treating mental illness or evaluating job performance.
- The degree will cover various areas of psychological study, including personality, health, human development, career, professional and research related ethics, memory, attention, intelligence and motivation, as well as how to study these using statistical methods, and the importance of applying a cross-cultural perspective and adhering to professional ethical standards.
- Completion of the Bachelor of Science (Psychology Extended) with a qualifying grade point average will enable students to apply for entry into Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Psychology).
Which Psychology degree is for me?
All USQ psychology degrees will study the same compulsory 12 unit psychology courses. Which degree is right for you will depend on your interests and goals.
- The Bachelor of Science (Psychology) will provide you with the opportunity to complement your psychology major with another major or two minors. Perhaps Counselling or Human Resource Management?
- Within the Bachelor of Science (Psychology Extended) you will delve deeper into advanced theory and practice in psychological sciences, ending your degree with two-unit capstone course, which will be research-focused or practitioner-focused (undertaking a work placement).
- Studying the Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) has a greater focus on developing your professional portfolio through psychological-skills based courses. This degree is particularly beneficial if your primary focus is working with clients.