Social media manager
What is it like to be a Social media manager?
Social media managers are responsible for the planning, implementation and assessment of social media campaigns and day to day relationships with various audiences. As a social media manager you will need to stay abreast of social media trends as well as emerging apps and communication channels.
Social media managers are brand ambassadors and must maintain the integrity of the company for which they work. Interactions with consumers via social media must be fun, social and captivating whilst remaining aligned with the brand’s image.
This data shows historical and projected employment levels (thousands) for this occupation. Data should be used as a guide only. Source: ABS Labour Force Survey.
Is it right for me?
As a social media manager you will be a highly motivated and creative individual with a passion for engaging with consumers on a regular basis.
Other important attributes of a social media manager include:
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Very good communication skills
- Comfortable working with computers
- Good time management skills
To become a Social media manager
- Bachelor of Communication and Media (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Communication and Media (Public Relations)
- Bachelor of Communication and Media (Communication and Media Studies)
Which pathway is best for you is individual in nature. Contact a career counsellor to explore these options further.
The Bachelor of Communication and Media (Public Relations) is accredited with the Public Relations Institute of Australia (PRIA).