Doctor of Professional Studies
- Semester 1 (February)
- Semester 2 (July)
- Semester 3 (November)
- 24 units
- 3 year/s or part-time equivalent
Design and implement projects that will improve your workplace
The Doctor of Professional Studies allows you to combine your professional work with study and obtain a doctoral degree based entirely in your workplace.
The knowledge you gain throughout your studies will lead to benefits for both you and the organisation you work for. You will critically review resources and address theoretical and practical issues in your workplace by designing and implementing projects. It is expected that the documented results of your projects will be able to be used to improve one or more aspects of your workplace.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for your first year of study (8 units) in this program are:
|Domestic full fee paying||AUD 26480|
Grant to help you pay your fees
All Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents and New Zealand citizens commencing a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) program will have their tuition fees paid by the Australian Commonwealth Government under the Research Training Program (RTP) Fees Offset scheme. The RTP Fees Offset scheme covers program fees for an HDR student up to a maximum period of four years for full-time study or up to eight years part-time study for a Doctoral program, and up to a maximum period of two years for full-time or four years part-time for a Masters by Research program.
As part of the enrolment process, students are required to submit proof of citizenship or permanent residency status and transcripts of all previous academic study. This documentation enables the University of Southern Queensland to determine eligibility for an RTP Fees Offset place.
If a student's RTP Fees Offset entitlement expires before completion of the program, the student will be required to pay full tuition fees.
Students eligible for an RTP Fees Offset place are those who:
- have not used RTP Fees Offset funding in the previous three years; or
- have already used RTP Fees Offset funding and have successfully completed an HDR program. Once a student completes an HDR program, full entitlements of RTP Fees Offset are restored.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- Admission is by written application and interview.
- Bachelor degree with honours, or a masters degree from an Australian university or equivalent plus minimum of 5 years of experience in their field.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
How to apply
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 1, 2020 - applications close Friday 6 March, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 24 February 2020.
- Semester 2, 2020 - applications close Friday 24 July, with semester 2 commencing on Monday 13 July 2020.
- Semester 3, 2020 - applications close Friday 20 November, with semester 3 commencing on Monday 16 November 2020.