- USQ offers English language programs for students from non-English speaking backgrounds. English for Academic Purposes (EAP) will prepare you to study a degree at USQ. You can study EAP for future study, career or personal reasons.
- EAP is tuition free for Australian citizens and permanent residents; however international students are required to pay a fee for this program.
- As an EAP student you can access great teaching and support in a friendly caring environment. EAP will develop your language skills and give you the confidence you need to succeed at university.
- EAP includes two levels and each level takes 10 weeks to complete. To start your studies in EAP you will need an IELTS result of at least 5.0 in the four macro skills or an equivalent recognised international English test. If your IELTS result is less than this, you could start your studies in English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students. If you have not completed an IELTS test, you will need to complete a comprehensive set of tests that will help us ensure you start your studies at the best level for you.
- As an on-campus student, you can attend the scheduled lectures online via Zoom.
EAP aims to prepare you for entry to university. When you successfully complete the second level of EAP you can go on to study an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at USQ.
If you are interested in applying for the Bachelor of Nursing program, you can go on to complete the Academic Communication Skills program (Level 2) which is designed to exit students with a PTE A 65 / IELTS 7.0, or equivalent. However, in order to be accepted into the Bachelor of Nursing, you will need to have your skills tested beforehand through an external international English language test and score a result of PTE A 65, IELTS 7.0, or equivalent.