Graduate Certificate of Business (Global Business Management)
- Semester 1 (February)
- Semester 2 (July)
- Semester 3 (November)
- 4 units
- 0.5 years or part-time equivalent
Program Information Set
Understand business on a global scale
International influences and the breakdown of global economic boundaries have a powerful impact on business professionals today. Increase your understanding of the managerial, legal and cultural intricacies of doing business with foreign partners with USQ’s Graduate Certificate of Business (Global Business Management).
Become an asset to any global business by developing the ability to research and understand potential international business partners, their culture, traditions and business practices. Global business skills will also increase your cross-cultural understanding of working across the globe.
After completing the Graduate Certificate of Business (Global Business Management), you have the option to take the credit from your studies and go on to complete the Graduate Diploma of Business or the Master of Business Administration (Global Business Management).
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for your first year of study (4 units) in this program are:
|Domestic full fee paying||AUD 11200|
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. FEE-HELP allows you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- Completion of an Australian university Bachelor degree in any area, or equivalent.
- A minimum of five years’ professional work experience, or equivalent.
Supporting evidence for admission through work experience only
Evidence of work experience is required to demonstrate equivalence to a Bachelor Degree at AQF level 7 through:
- A curriculum vitae or professional LinkedIn profile which provides details of:
- Organisation name
- Position title
- Start and end dates of employment for each position
- Type of employment (full-time, part-time or casual)
- Key duties, responsibilities and achievements for which you must provide evidence to demonstrate how you meet knowledge, skills and application of skills (PDF 38KB) equivalent to a Bachelor Degree and AQF level 7 as follows:
- Names, position titles and contact details of referees (employers or supervisors) who will be able to verify the nature of your work for the period of 5 years. Referees may be contacted by USQ and should be able to provide details on, but not limited to: communication skills, self-directed work and learning, managing people or client accounts, managerial responsibilities for any major projects and/or financial delegation accountabilities.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
A number of other pathways are also available if you haven't been able to study previously or don't meet the requirements for entry into your program of interest.
How to apply
To apply for this degree:
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 1, 2018 - applications close Monday 19 February, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 26 February 2018.
- Semester 2, 2018 – applications close Monday 2 July, with semester 2 commencing on Monday 16 July 2018.
- Semester 3, 2018 - applications close Monday 5 November, with semester 3 commencing on Monday 19 November 2018.