Graduate Diploma of Science (Applied Climate Science)
‘Climate smart’ professionals in high demand
The global climate service industry has increasingly significant economic value in Australia as the need for ‘climate smart’ professionals working within their chosen industry grows.
Strengthen your career with USQ’s Graduate Diploma of Science (Applied Climate Science) where you will study the impacts of climate variability on natural systems as well as human and socio-economic activities climate systems, and gain an understanding of how to apply climate information and methodologies/tools within industry-specific decision making processes.
This qualification is also ideal for those wishing to move into further study, upon successful completion of the Graduate Diploma of Science, students have the potential to move into the Master of Science coursework degree or the Master of Science (Research) if they meet other requirements for entry.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for your first year of study (8 units) in this program are:
|Commonwealth supported||AUD 9352|
|Domestic full fee paying||AUD 24360|
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. HECS-HELP and FEE-HELP allows you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- 3-year Bachelor degree from an Australian university or equivalent.
- equivalent professional work experience, as determined through the Credit and Exemption procedure.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
A number of other pathways are also available if you haven't been able to study previously or don't meet the requirements for entry into your program of interest.
How to apply
- Apply via QTAC (Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre) if you:
- have never studied with USQ before, or
- are a Year 12 student, or
- want to transfer to USQ from another university.
Please note down the QTAC codes below to complete your application.
- Alternatively, you may be able to apply directly to USQ if you:
- are a current or previous USQ student returning to study with complete or incomplete qualifications (excluding Head Start students), or
- have recently graduated from TAFE.
Note: The Applied Climate Science specialisation will be available for a Semester 1 start, part-time from 2017 and full-time from 2018.
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 2, 2019 - applications close Friday 19 July, with semester 2 commencing on Monday 15 July 2019.
- Semester 1, 2020 - applications close Friday 28 February, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 24 February 2020.
If you are applying via QTAC, you will need to check the QTAC closing dates.