Master of Education (Online and Distributed Learning)
Become proficient in both online and blended learning design
Effective learning design is at the heart of sound educational practices. USQ’s Master of Education (Online and Distributed Learning) will help you develop your knowledge and skills in online and blended learning design.
If you are not sure whether you would like to complete an entire Masters degree, apply to study USQ’s Graduate Certificate of Education, Graduate Diploma of Education (Commonwealth Supported Place) or Graduate Diploma of Education (Full Fee Paying) and take the credit from your studies to the Master of Education if you decide to continue studying.
Develop research skills
A significant component of your studies will be research courses designed to expand your understanding of the role of education in society, and the challenges faced by educators in rapidly changing, multicultural communities. Choose between an Applied Research or Advanced Research project.
- The Applied Research has a practical emphasis on innovative and creative approaches to solving current issues in the education environment. You can use your own experiences as a backdrop to your studies and develop a research project based on your current workplace.
- The Advanced Research specialisation will allow you to gain an in-depth understanding of your education interests. Using research methods, you will explore different approaches to contemporary education, and develop professional research skills essential to undertaking further learning. This specialisation offers a research-based pathway into a PhD, subject to meeting all entry requirements.
The Master of Education (Online and Distributed Learning) will enhance the knowledge and skills of teachers, lecturers and corporate professionals in the application of online education. It is particularly useful for anyone wishing to move into the fields of educational design, learning design, instructional design or development.
Specialisations in the Master of Education (Full Fee Paying) include: Adult, Professional and Workplace Learning, Applied Linguistics, Career Development, Curriculum and Pedagogical Leadership, Leading and Managing Educational Organisations and Multicultural Education.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for your first year of study (8 units) in this program are:
|Domestic full fee paying||AUD 18080|
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. FEE-HELP allows you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- Approved bachelor degree, or equivalent, in education.
- Candidates with a bachelor degree, or equivalent, in a non-related discipline may be eligible for entry into USQ’s Graduate Certificate of Education. Upon completion and achievement of a minimum GPA of 4.0, they may apply for entry into the Master of Education.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
How to apply
To apply for this degree:
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 3, 2017 - applications close Monday 6 November, with semester 3 commencing on Monday 13 November 2017.
- Semester 1, 2018 - applications close Monday 19 February, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 26 February 2018.
- Semester 2, 2018 - applications close Monday 2 July, with semester 2 commencing on Monday 16 July.
If you are applying via QTAC, you will need to check the QTAC closing dates.