Master of Health (Rural and Remote Health)
Further specialise your rural and remote health care knowledge
USQ’s Master of Health (Rural and Remote Health) will allow you to delve further in to topics relevant with rural and remote health care. If you are a registered nurse wishing to further your knowledge and advance your skills in rural and isolated practice, this specialisation is ideal for you.
If you are not sure whether you would like to complete an entire Masters degree, apply to study USQ’s Graduate Certificate of Health or Graduate Diploma of Health and take the credit from your studies to the Master of Health if you decide to continue studying.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for your first year of study (8 units) in this program are:
|Domestic full fee paying||AUD 22320|
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. FEE-HELP allows you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- 3-year undergraduate degree in a health-related area from an Australian or internationally recognised University, or equivalent
- Be registered as a Division 1 Registered Nurse of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) and must be able to demonstrate at least one years' full-time clinical experience.
- Applicants must provide a detailed CV including education, clinical experience, professional development, and full time equivalent for each employer.
- USQ requires written confirmation that the applicant is currently practicing as an Registered Nurse and can complete required hours of clinical mentorship in their workplace.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
How to apply
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 1, 2020 - applications close Friday 6 March, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 24 February 2020.
- Semester 2, 2020 - applications close Friday 24 July, with semester 2 commencing on Monday 13 July 2020.