Master of Professional Studies
Work full-time while studying full-time
Combine full-time postgraduate study with full-time professional employment by studying our Master of Professional Studies. This master is specifically designed for professionals to develop their skills and gain a postgraduate qualification while maintaining their current employment position.
You will be able to combine your studies with projects and research in your professional field, leading to benefits for both you and your workplace.
Your study will develop your ability for analytical, critical and creative thinking in workplace applications and you will be able to demonstrate a high level of skill in identifying, choosing and implementing procedures appropriate for addressing various scenarios.
It is expected that the documented results of your projects will be able to be used to improve one or more aspects of your workplace.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for your first year of study (8 units) in this program are:
|Domestic full fee paying||AUD 18240|
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. FEE-HELP allows you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- Admission is by online application and interview
- 3-year bachelor degree from an Australian University or equivalent plus at least 5 years experience in their field
Applicants with a bachelor degree with honours, or a masters degree, may consider applying for admission to the Doctor of Professional Studies program.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
How to apply
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 3, 2017 - applications close Monday 6 November, with semester 3 commencing on Monday 13 November 2017.
- Semester 1, 2018 - applications close Monday 19 February, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 26 February 2018.
- Semester 2, 2018 – applications close Monday 2 July, with semester 2 commencing on Monday 16 July 2018.