Master of Project Management
Master the art of project management
Do you want to deliver innovative solutions using advanced skills in project management? Developed in conjunction with industry, the Australian Institute of Project Management and the Project Management Institute, USQ’s Master of Project Management will provide you with the skills and knowledge to be a leader in the field of project management.
In addition to topics such as team leadership, project delivery, project-based management and risk management, you will be able to personalise your degree by choosing electives from our MBA or Master of Business and Innovation degrees to suit your career.
One of our recent graduates was awarded with the Australian Institute of Project Management’s 2015 Queensland Project Manager of the year.
Your study options
- Advanced Research
- Big Data and Visualisation
- Business Leadership
- Crisis Management
- Digital Marketing Analytics
- Digital Transformation
- Emergency and Disaster Communication
- Enterprise Leadership
- Global Business Management
- International Business
- Project Leadership
- Professional Communication
- Property Development and Management
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Strategic Marketing, or
- Sustainable Business.
Study project management on-campus or online and take advantage of our intensive workshop modeYou have the option to study Project Management on-campus or online and choose to study via our intensive workshop mode. With this option, comprehensive study materials are sent to you and the program is taught via intensive teaching blocks, where a full semester’s lectures are condensed into two 2-day workshops.
During these workshops, held on-campus at USQ Springfield, you will review materials, examine case studies, and learn from leading industry practitioners. You benefit from peer-to-peer learning, while enjoying the flexibility to balance your study, work and life.
USQ is registered with the Project Management Institute (PMI) ® as a Global Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.). A study of project management at USQ earns professional development units towards certification with PMI including towards the Project Management Professional (PMP) ®. PMI, PMP and Project Management Professional (PMP) are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
The Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM) offers student membership to enrolled students, and professional certification to graduates, of endorsed programs. Visit the AIPM website to find out what you may be eligible for, as well as conditions and fees set by the AIPM.
If you complete the AIPM certification requirements at Certified Practicing Portfolio Executive (CPPE) level, you will be eligible to gain credit for two unspecified electives, saving you almost $5000 in study costs and a semester of study.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for your first year of study (8 units) in this program are:
|Domestic full fee paying||AUD 22400|
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. FEE-HELP allows you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- Australian university Bachelor degree in the area of project management
- Minimum of 2 years’ professional work experience in business.
To show evidence of your professional work experience, you will need to provide a resume or professional LinkedIn profile detailing the following:
- Organisation name
- Position title
- Start and end dates of employment for each position
- Type of employment (full-time, part-time or casual)
- Key duties, responsibilities and achievements.
- Names, position titles and contact details of referees (employers or supervisors) who will be able to verify the nature of your work for the period of 2 years. Referees may be contacted by USQ and should be able to provide details on responsibilities including but not limited to: managing people or client accounts, managerial responsibilities for any major projects and/or financial delegation accountabilities.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
- Students who do not hold a bachelor degree or equivalent are suggested to study the Graduate Certificate of Business (Project Management), provided that you have the minimum 2 years full-time or equivalent work experience.
How to apply
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 2, 2018 – applications close Monday 2 July, with semester 2 commencing on Monday 16 July 2018.
- Semester 3, 2018 - applications close Monday 5 November, with semester 3 commencing on Monday 19 November 2018.
- Semester 1, 2019 - applications close Monday 18 February, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 25 February 2019.