Master of Project Management and Master of Business Administration
- Semester 1 (February)
- Semester 2 (July)
- Semester 3 (November)
- 16 units
- 2 year/s or part-time equivalent
Program Information Set
Become a project manager and gain a competitive edge in businessThe Master of Project Management and Master of Business Administration double degree provides you with the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills required to become a successful project manager, while also developing an understanding of the broader managment context, better preparing you for senior management roles.
You will receive a separate testamur (official certificate) for each degree and will be able to complete the double degree in less time than if you chose to study the two degrees separately.
USQ is registered with the Project Management Institute (PMI)® as a Global Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.). A study of project management at USQ earns professional development units towards certification with PMI including towards the Project Management Professional (PMP). PMI, PMP and Project Management Professional (PMP) are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Your studies in project management will prepare you for career opportunities in challenging management postions across a wide range of industries including business, health, construction, engineering, defence, events management, science, marketing, human resource management and education.
With the MBA, you will be qualified for a range of positions in public or private sections both nationally and all over the world. Your expertise could land you a job in some of the fastest paced and most interesting careers in the business world.
How much will it cost?
Approximate annual costs1 for your first year of study (8 units) in this program are:
|Domestic full fee paying||AUD 24720|
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. FEE-HELP allows you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
Scholarships and financial assistance
You may be able to apply for scholarships to help with your study costs.
- Bachelor degree (AQF level 7), or equivalent, in a business-related discipline from a recognised institution plus a minimum of 2 years’ full-time relevant professional work experience
- For candidates with a bachelor degree(AQF level 7), or equivalent, in a non-business-related discipline, USQ’s Graduate Certificate of Business can provide a pathway into the Master of Project Management and Master of Business Administration. Upon completion and achievement of a minimum GPA of 4.0, they will be eligible for entry into the Master of Project Management and Master of Business Administration
- Candidates with a graduate certificate (AQF Level 8) or higher qualification in any discipline, with 2 years’ full-time relevant professional work experience in business, may apply for entry. Eligibility for entry will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Supporting evidence for program admission
Academic qualifications are proven by certified copies of completed qualifications.
Evidence of work experience is proven through:
- Curriculum vitae or professional LinkedIn profile which provides evidence of work experience, including:
- Organisation name
- Position title
- Start and end dates of employment for each position
- Type of employment (full-time, part-time or casual)
- Key duties, responsibilities and achievements.
- Names, position titles and contact details of referees (employers or supervisors) who will be able to verify the nature of your work for the period of 2 years. Referees may be contacted by USQ and should be able to provide details on responsibilities including but not limited to: managing people or client accounts, managerial responsibilities for any major projects and/or financial delegation accountabilities.
English Language Requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements. This program requires a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
How to apply
Applying directly to USQ:
- Semester 1, 2020 - applications close Friday 6 March, with semester 1 commencing on Monday 24 February 2020.
- Semester 2, 2020 - applications close Friday 24 July, with semester 2 commencing on Monday 13 July 2020.
- Semester 3, 2020 - applications close Friday 20 November, with semester 3 commencing on Monday 16 November 2020.