- Strengthen your career with USQ’s Master of Science (Applied Data Science) in the progressive field of Data Science, also known as ‘Big Data’.
- Large organisations have always been data-driven. What has changed dramatically is the sheer amount of raw data now generated. Data Science focuses on understanding and overcoming the challenges associated with collecting, analysing, interpreting and visualising large amounts of data. Data Science helps organisations extract new insights from raw data; insights which inform the development of new products and new businesses in our increasingly data reliant world.
- In this unique masters degree, you will be able to incorporate four courses from a chosen discipline and work on a discipline-based research project to complement your big data technology training. The structure is unique, preparing you with application based big data analytical skills, which are highly sought by employers.
- You will have the opportunity to decide between two different pathways of study in your masters degree:
- Research Project track — the Research Project track equips you with research skills and allows you to develop a research thesis through a project in your chosen disciplinary application area.
- Research Training track — the Research Training track allows you to develop your research capability and gain specialised cognitive and technical skills to prepare for a professional career in science.
Upon successful completion of the Master of Science (Applied Data Science), students have the opportunity to move into PhD study.