Do you want to work in a profession at the forefront of the communication industry? Study Journalism at USQ and learn how to investigate and produce stories that reflect and change the lives of others.
Report, write, edit, design and produce content for a range of media, including digital, television, magazine, radio and newspapers.
- Learn from staff with professional media experience and links to the journalism industry who will give you meaningful, hands-on knowledge.
- Internships, industry partnerships and other opportunities provide you with the opportunity to gain professional experience and internships in diverse newsrooms.
- USQ alumni and lecturers have received industry accolades, including Australia’s coveted Walkley Award and Australian Awards for University Teaching (AAUT).
- An Australian Government $50 million Regional and Small Publishers innovation fund will create 200 cadetships and 60 regional journalism scholarships. Be a part of Australia’s strengthening media industry at USQ.
- Extend your Journalism degree by also studying Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising, Media Studies or Creative Writing.
Study Journalism at USQ and create stories that come as “close as possible to the heart of the world” (Henry Luce, creator of Time, Life, Fortune and Sports Illustrated magazines).