We believe everyone should have the opportunity to access tertiary education, which is why we offer a range of preparation and alternative entry options. Best of all, successful completion of these programs guarantee you entry into selected USQ undergraduate degrees, provided you meet the English proficiency requirements. Choose from our pathway programs below:
- Tertiary Preparation Program (TPP)
- Accelerated Entry Pathway Program (AEPP)
- Foundation Diploma of University Studies
- Certificate of University Studies
- Indigenous Higher Education Pathway Program (IHEPP)
- TAFE plus University
- English language preparatory programs
Our Tertiary Preparation Program is a free course which provides you with the skills you need to succeed at university.
The Accelerated Entry Pathway Program (formerly known as the Tertiary Preparation Program Intensive Pathway - TPPIP) is a fast tracked version of TPP, which is designed specifically for Year 12 students who haven't chosen an OP pathway or are worried they won’t get into uni. The course is studied over summer, so you can begin uni with your friends in Semester 1.
The Foundation Diploma of University Studies is perfect if you want to get a feel for uni before undertaking your full bachelor degree. This degree majors in:
- Business and Commerce
- Creative Arts
- Indigenous Community Development
- Social Studies
- Spatial Science
If you are wanting to progress your studies in a simple step by step manner then the Certificate of University Studies may be a good start for you.
The Indigenous Higher Education Pathways Program (IHEPP) is a pathway for Indigenous students looking to study at university.
There are two ways you can use your TAFE (VET) studies to get into USQ:
Use your TAFE (VET) qualification to gain entry into USQ and get credit for your TAFE studies towards your degree.
- Study one of our USQ/TAFE 'dual award' programs where you will start with a TAFE qualification and once completed, seamlessly transfer, with your TAFE credit, to a USQ degree.
Our free English language programs are ideal if you are from a non-English speaking background and are an Australian citizen or permanent resident.