Pathways to USQ
You don't need to have an OP or be straight from high school to study at uni. You need determination and a pathway.
Tertiary Preparation Program (TPP)
Our Tertiary Preparation Program is a free course which provides you with the skills you need to succeed at university.
Indigenous Higher Education Pathways Program (IHEPP)
The Indigenous Higher Education Pathways Program (IHEPP) is a pathway for Indigenous students looking to study at university.
Accelerated Entry Pathway Program (AEPP)
The Accelerated Entry Pathway Program is a pathway program designed specifically for Year 12 students who haven't chosen an OP pathway or are worried they won’t get into uni. Use your end-of-Year 12 summer break to get uni-ready so you can begin your degree in the new year with confidence.
Diplomas and certificates
At USQ we offer diplomas and certificates as great way of starting your study journey or gaining a stand-alone qualification. Our diplomas typically take one year (full-time) of study and the certificate can be completed in half a year (full-time).
- Diploma of Human Services and Development
- Diploma of Science
- Diploma of University Studies
- Certificate of University Studies
An associate degree can help you to progress in your career, or is a great way to start your study journey with USQ.
Associate degrees typically take two years (full-time) to complete and you will receive a formal qualification when you successfully finish all of the courses. Choose from a range of associate degrees to start a direct pathway to the bachelor degree you’re aiming for, or to upskill in your career:
- Associate Degree of Biomedical Science
- Associate Degree of Business and Commerce
- Associate Degree of Construction
- Associate Degree of Engineering
- Associate Degree of Medical Laboratory Science
- Associate Degree of Spatial Science
TAFE plus University
There are two ways you can use your TAFE (VET) studies to get into USQ:
Use your TAFE (VET) qualification to gain entry into USQ and get credit for your TAFE studies towards your degree.
- Study one of our USQ/TAFE 'dual award' programs where you will start with a TAFE qualification and once completed, seamlessly transfer, with your TAFE credit, to a USQ degree.
English language preparatory programs
Our English language programs are ideal if you are from a non-English speaking background and are free if you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident.